download Picnic flyer here. Register today! Click HERE !
Register today! Click HERE !
Fathers, Sons, Daughters, Spouses, Grandfathers, Significant Others, etc.
Our Florida Men’s Clubs Family Reunion Picnic is about our finding and sharing the joys of community; especially with those who have strayed or been left behind in the celebration of Judaism.
Fun, time to schmooze, team building, good eats, music, arts, great speakers, soccer and family excursions are all available. ALL ARE WELCOME, Members and Nonmembers as well. We hope you can make it.
Co-Chairs Don Lockenbach and Charlie Deutch
When Carl tells his survival story you’ll kvell. Then when he stands up and sings “If I Were a Rich Man!” your kids and everybody’ll sing-along and give Carl a big mishpucha hug.
Deborah Bigeleisen’s evocative paintings of natural forms encompass endlessly engaging energy, movement and mystery. Using a single image of a flower as her inspiration, she captures the fleeting effect of natural phenomena and immortalizes the transitory nature of life. Deborah will set up a virtual classroom at our picnic to share her techniques and insights. All are welcome.
Family Reunion Picnic, March 19th 10:30am – 4:00pm. Charlie Deutch & Don Lockenbach, Co-Chairs
Programming and Food. Deli will be served so you can easily grab a sandwich if you like to take off in a canoe or kayak. Vegan option by rsvp only. www.floridaregionfjmc.org/picnic/. (the complete timetable will be published on the website.)
- Guest Speaker – Carl Willner, Holocaust Survivor – Author -Singer. When Carl sings “If I were A Rich Man” everyone gives him a standing ovation.
- Guest Artist – Deborah Bigeleisen will set up a virtual classroom at our picnic. She’ll teach a session entitled “Art Through the Eyes of the Artist.” All are welcome.
- Judy Newman, Bart’s wife is a trainer of service dogs. She will bring two service dogs dressed in vests. She will give a brief talk with open questions. Then wander around introducing the dogs to whoever is interested.
- Soccer balls, and other balls. Bring a softball and glove.
- Kayaks, canoes, guided boat tours on the Laxohachee River and other concessions are available a la carte.
- One hour Program Fair. Your club will share your favorite club program. Please let us know what program you will present so we can reserve a table for you.
- Sing-along! musicians of all ages; please bring your acoustic instruments.
- Club Presidents recognition.
We need volunteers.
There will be easy to follow signs in the park. Tell the JLSP guard at the entrance you are here for the FJMC Family Reunion Picnic Pavillion. They will let you in and provide directions. Next sign in at the Pavillion 10:30am – 11:00am. If you plan to arrive at a different time, please advise Co-Chair Don Lockenbach at 305-598-2688 or [email protected]. Jonathan Dickinson State Park is at 16450 S.E. Federal Hwy. Hobe Sound, FL 33455
The registration deadline is today! March 13th. Please register online only at www.floridaregionfjmc.org/picnic/. WE NEED YOU!!! and your choice of delicious deli or vegan.
Co-Chairs: Don Lockenbach [email protected]
Charlie Deutch [email protected]
Directions to Jonathan Dickinson State Park
- Address: 16450 SE Federal Hwy, Hobe Sound, FL 33455
- Jonathan Dickinson State Park is on US Highway 1, 12 miles south of Stuart and 3 miles north of Tequesta. Follow signs from I-95 or the Florida Turnpike.
- Destination: Wilson Creek PavilionPlease arrive and sign in between 10:30am – 11:00am
FJMC Florida Region Family Reunion Picnic
Sunday, March 19th 10:30a – 4p
at Jonathan Dickinson State Park
16450 S.E. Federal Highway, Hobe Sound, FL 33455
Wilson Creek Pavilion